Patient self-referral for age related hearing loss services
- Patients are now able to refer themselves to the age-related hearing loss service without the need for a GP referral.
- If you are aged 55 or over and are experiencing hearing and communication difficulties and feel you might benefit from a hearing assessment and rehabilitation including the option of trying hearing aids
If you suffer from earwax built up or suspect that you may have a build-up of earwax, please perform 2 weeks self-management as set out in the NHS ear wax leaflet. If you require a wax removal at your assessment appointment, this will be provided only if the self-management steps have been followed.
Do not perform earwax removal if you have any of the following symptoms and seek advice from the practice nurse or your GP:
- Bleeding from your ear
- Sudden deafness or buzzing sound
- Foreign bodies in your ear
If you require a wax removal at your assessment appointment, this will be provided only if the self-management steps have been followed.
- Please visit our Interpreter Services page for more information.
NHS Hearing Aid Repair Clinics
Clinics operate regularly at Witney Community Hospital
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.