NHS 111 First

Need Urgent Care In Oxfordshire?

If you need urgent clinical advice, but are not in a life-threatening emergency, contact NHS 111 before attending an Emergency Department.

Contacting 111 first will help us maintain social distancing in our Emergency Deperatments and ensure that you receive the right care, in the right place.

If you or someone you know is experiencing a medical emergency, you can still attend the Emergency Department or call 999.

Oxfordshire have launched the new NHS 111 first service. This now means, people who need urgent clinical advice but aren't in a life-threatening emergency are encouraged to contact NHS 111 first before attending their local Emergency Department.

They will then be assessed and, if appropriate, booked into either the John Radcliffe or Horton General Hospital Emergency Department for treatment. For more information, visit the OUH NHS 111 First webpage

Published: Nov 5, 2020