Thank you for the feedback you gave at the Patient Group Open Morning and in the waiting rooms.
There were some general themes in the feedback.
- Appointments – long wait for appointments with a GP.
The practice has many ways that you can see / speak to a health professional.
Telephone appointments, Nurse practitioner, econsult (via the website), video consultation doctors. Appointments are available on Saturdays 8am – 12 noon. Please ask for your preferred site – Barton, Bury Knowle, John Radcliffe, Marston, Wood Farm. (There is a national shortage of GP’s which is affecting all GP practices in the country.)
- Touchscreen – To avoid queueing please use the touchscreen to check in for your appt.
- Lateness going into appointments – this is usually due to an urgent medical situation.
- Travelling to appointments
Ask a member of your family, a friend or a neighbour to bring you to your appointment.
If you, or a family member have access to a smart phone or tablet. You could come to the practices by the Pick Me Up bus service. Concessions travel free after 9am and the service is wheelchair friendly. pickmeup.oxfordbus.co.uk
- Calling patients in for their appointment from the waiting room – When calling patients for their consultation would the GP / Nurse say the patient name louder.
- Notification of a change of doctor – Patients will be advised of the change of doctor the next time an appointment is made.
- Diabetic nurse – Please could a diabetic nurse visit all sites regularly.
- Car parking – This is currently being monitored/investigated by the practice.
- Marston practice – Needs to be bigger; comment has been passed to the practice for a reply.
Other comments from the feedback:
- The nurses are great.
- Happy with Doctor, Doctor wonderful.
- Welcoming, very impressed.
- Chance to give feedback.
- Telephone consultations very positive.
- The garden is lovely.
- Friendly and helpful.
- Fantastic service – delighted with nurses.
Patient Group sign up
If you would like give feedback on your patient experience – it can be done in the following ways. Feedback forms in the waiting room, to a member of the practice team, via the Hedena website.
Thank you. Cath Greehy. Hedena Health Patient Group October 2019
Next meeting: Tuesday 3rd December 10am – 12noon.